Other General Download Issue

Flffr_Nttr

Flffr_Nttr

Derpity Derpity Derp
Cook
LV

Issue : When attempting to download anything using the "Server Direct Download" option, an "invalid uid" error appears. This has happened on all links I tried today.

Area directly after /file?uid= in the address bar is completely blank.

URL included as example.

Also, a bit off topic here, but I can't seem to find the formatting options for posting in this forum (i.e. enable/disable bold or italics, etc.), or how to change from rich text mode to BBC mode. I have found some shortcut keys for modifying the text here.

Attachments

• ak_invalid_uid.png
    ak_invalid_uid.png
    9 KB · Views: 7
Cierra Kobayoshi

Cierra Kobayoshi

Staff member
LV

Nyaharoo~

Thanks for reporting. As far as my experience in IT goes, I can't say anything about the "invalid UID" error, but I'll redirect this issue to our team and I'll get back to you as soon as I get a reply. Please be patient until then or retry at another time.

Cierra~

Cierra Kobayoshi

Cierra Kobayoshi

Staff member
LV

About the formation options:

Strictly speaking, when reporting an issue or posting a "simple" post, you might not need them. It's been like this for a while now so I think the admins disabled the option for now.

Flffr_Nttr

Flffr_Nttr

Derpity Derpity Derp
Cook
LV

Nyaharoo~

Thanks for reporting. As far as my experience in IT goes, I can't say anything about the "invalid UID" error, but I'll redirect this issue to our team and I'll get back to you as soon as I get a reply. Please be patient until then or retry at another time.

Cierra~

I'm assuming it's because the request is sending an empty string for the UID to the servers and as a result fails to authenticate, or something? I don't know exactly how this system works. The quota for the worker downloads cleared up so I was able to download most of them that way. I attached another image that might have more information.

About the formation options:

Strictly speaking, when reporting an issue or posting a "simple" post, you might not need them. It's been like this for a while now so I think the admins disabled the option for now.

I thought as much. It's not a big deal as I found the shortcut keys. Just didn't want to post the whole thing in bold and look like a jerk doing it.

Attachments

• ak_invalid_uid_more_info.png
    ak_invalid_uid_more_info.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 5
Cierra Kobayoshi

Cierra Kobayoshi

Staff member
LV

I thought as much. It's not a big deal as I found the shortcut keys. Just didn't want to post the whole thing in bold and look like a jerk doing it.
Hehe, it's fine. Thanks for considering though. x)

About the issue:

We're transferring all the files to new servers, but the links seemed to be hard-linked. Unfortunately, this process will take quite some time and we can't tell yet, how long the issues will persist. We will get back to you as soon as the problems are solved.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Cierra~