Is there a way to change the default audio track & subtitle?

L

laughtale

Pirate
Level
A lot of my anime videos have English as the default audio. It's such a pain to change the default audio to Japanese & the subtitle to full dialogue English everytime I watch the series.

Is there a way (tool or software) to change the default audio track & subtitle? I wanna change all of the files with English audio as default to Japanese.

It'd also be great if it also can delete & add attachments.

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Vongola Decimo
Staff member
Head Admin
Level
A lot of my anime videos have English as the default audio. It's such a pain to change the default audio to Japanese & the subtitle to full dialogue English everytime I watch the series.

Is there a way (tool or software) to change the default audio track & subtitle? I wanna change all of the files with English audio as default to Japanese.

It'd also be great if it also can delete & add attachments.
There are ways yes.
Instead of going the long way around to edit each encode to use jap, tell your player to auto select japanese one uwu
For example

VLC has both auto and subtitle preference order.

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
Level
Awards
Narnia
There are ways yes.
Instead of going the long way around to edit each encode to use jap, tell your player to auto select japanese one uwu
For example

VLC has both auto and subtitle preference order.
what about PotPlayer?

Light

Light

Cook
Level
just tap "V" for subtitles and "B" for audio change in vlc.

Jeel

Jeel

Pirate
Level
If you want to change the default audio and subs universally for encode you have to use MKVTOOLNIX. It's easy to use and it has GUI. Just search MKVTOOLNIX it's free.

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
Level
Awards
Narnia
Actually, that's awful if you for example laying in bed cuddled up in a blanket and mouse and keyboard are laying somewhere else... xD
that's why i watch anime in Mobile using MX player (not safe when the beach scene or fan-service scene pops up and you're watching in the big screen of computer 😅). MX player has on-screen buttons to easily change language and subtitles with just one tap while the video is running.

Sildjinn

Sildjinn

Cook
Level
Actually, that's awful if you for example laying in bed cuddled up in a blanket and mouse and keyboard are laying somewhere else... xD
I sympathize with this thought (I do similar things on occasion). Fortunately, I have a wireless mouse that can do what I need.