Looking for recommendations on websites to research manga.

Sildjinn

Sildjinn

Pirate
Level
There's already a thread about manga sources, and I've already figured out where to find all the manga I want, at least so far as I know. Problem is I don't necessarily know what to read, and considering that I haven't read very much manga, I'm not well versed in the websites that surround the manga reading community.

Basically I'm asking if there are manga equivalents to MAL, which I am aware has a number of manga covered. That or a website that helps one sift though the large number of options via recommendations and the like. However I don't necessarily know what I'm looking for exactly, so anything y'all think is relevant will also be looked at and appreciated.

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
Level
Awards
Narnia
There's already a thread about manga sources, and I've already figured out where to find all the manga I want, at least so far as I know. Problem is I don't necessarily know what to read, and considering that I haven't read very much manga, I'm not well versed in the websites that surround the manga reading community.

Basically I'm asking if there are manga equivalents to MAL, which I am aware has a number of manga covered. That or a website that helps one sift though the large number of options via recommendations and the like. However I don't necessarily know what I'm looking for exactly, so anything y'all think is relevant will also be looked at and appreciated.
try mangadex, it shld be equivalent to MAL, imao

Drew

Drew

King D/D/D
Staff member
Curator
Level
Awards
You can go to the manga page in MAL of some anime u like and see the recommendations there. MAL has recs for anime, hoping there's for manga too.

U can check communities like r/manga, that may help.

I don't much experience with manga so recommending something is difficult for me ^^'

I mostly read the manga of anime I watched, cuz either the story got cut off or adaptation sucked.

Sildjinn

Sildjinn

Pirate
Level
As it happens, because of your recommendations, I ended up find a site which I believe is the kind of thing I am looking for. Your help is appreciated.

mangaupdates.com

Has a large database with search functions and the like, with manga reviews in a style similar to MAL. Also has other relevant information about the manga, much like MAL, except the info is catered for the manga reader, rather than the anime watcher if you were actually on MAL. If you didn't get it, it's like manga MAL, at least, that was my impression.

Drew

Drew

King D/D/D
Staff member
Curator
Level
Awards
Thanks for this, I will use that for manga ^^