Manhwa/webtoon Service Comparisons

J

junjou

Pirate
Level
This is all based on experience of mine and personal close people using these services. I'm living in Korea and I have friends and family members who are diehard webtoon or manhwa (Korean manga) lovers, both Korean and non-Korean living around the world.

Lezhin Comics: So far the best. They have reasonable services at least for both Korean and English readers. Good genre selections, all with extensive selections, of course. I personally cannot fail hard on their service being offered actively. The manhwa creator that my friend once met a couple of years ago said that the people working there are hectic, but at least they don't annoy you.

Toomics: If you're a fantasy or school life genre fan, this is your place. My friends love this service because of the yearning for escapism. It's just simply decent. It has potentials to rise up in the industry.

TopToon (Korea only): Not the best and not the worst for male readers. It often deals with works with mature themes. All I know is that they keep scouting decent creators. My friends like the dark social themes in the service. It's decent.

Netcomics (Ecomix in Korea) : Worst. Service. Ever. (specifically for non-BL genre fans) This company's barely surviving and it's pigeon-holing into one genre. I guess the crappy service is taking a toll over the past few years. It doesn't help when the English (Netcomics) twitter account is not appropriately active. The English language editor doesn't seem to be a native English speaker, making the English translation quality generally down. I heard it from a private art/comic academy instructor in Seoul who said this. "Many manhwa/webtoon creators who draw non-BL subtly avoid Netcomics for whatever reason." I don't know if it's true or not, but they don't seem to be major player in the industry perhaps with so many reasons. I know that I shouldn't be so critical about this because I do occasionally like BL, but seriously, Netcomics desperately needs a brand new CEO because my cousin is a fan of BL and she relies on BL for her heart.

There. I made this for the people~!

mad scientist

mad scientist

Staff member
Level
This is all based on experience of mine and personal close people using these services. I'm living in Korea and I have friends and family members who are diehard webtoon or manhwa (Korean manga) lovers, both Korean and non-Korean living around the world.

Lezhin Comics: So far the best. They have reasonable services at least for both Korean and English readers. Good genre selections, all with extensive selections, of course. I personally cannot fail hard on their service being offered actively. The manhwa creator that my friend once met a couple of years ago said that the people working there are hectic, but at least they don't annoy you.

Toomics: If you're a fantasy or school life genre fan, this is your place. My friends love this service because of the yearning for escapism. It's just simply decent. It has potentials to rise up in the industry.

TopToon (Korea only): Not the best and not the worst for male readers. It often deals with works with mature themes. All I know is that they keep scouting decent creators. My friends like the dark social themes in the service. It's decent.

Netcomics (Ecomix in Korea) : Worst. Service. Ever. (specifically for non-BL genre fans) This company's barely surviving and it's pigeon-holing into one genre. I guess the crappy service is taking a toll over the past few years. It doesn't help when the English (Netcomics) twitter account is not appropriately active. The English language editor doesn't seem to be a native English speaker, making the English translation quality generally down. I heard it from a private art/comic academy instructor in Seoul who said this. "Many manhwa/webtoon creators who draw non-BL subtly avoid Netcomics for whatever reason." I don't know if it's true or not, but they don't seem to be major player in the industry perhaps with so many reasons. I know that I shouldn't be so critical about this because I do occasionally like BL, but seriously, Netcomics desperately needs a brand new CEO because my cousin is a fan of BL and she relies on BL for her heart.

There. I made this for the people~!
I was wondering where I can get good manhwa.Thanks.
webtoon is other good site.I read "bastard" yesterday and it is awesome.so what about webtoon?.Tell me about it.