• All of Kaizoku, Kayo, and forum will undergo a planned server upgrade - during this time the forum itself will be closed for any visitor and no updates will be made to either of the websites.

Kindly do not panic when you are not able to access the board, you may join our Discord, Telegram or E-mail us in case you require and assistance. 

We don't have a specific date right now but we will keep you posted as soon as we have any.

Mpv - Media Player

drew007

drew007

King D/D/D
World Nobles
Awards
  • Donator
Hey guys I am thinking of getting into mpv for my Windows system and so was wondering does anyone hv any suggestions for settings or how to set things up (guides, etc) or skins?

Thanks ^^

Spriggan

Spriggan

Pirate
Awards
MPV is definitely a player for Pros: HD lovers and Encoders. I mean those people use friggin' Command-Lines (good grief) :eek:

It's hard to find a decent guide about it. here's what I found:

(very recent, basic Shortcut guide, easy to peruse)

(The Official FAQ with all the command lines and the full shortcuts list and explanations)

(The same Manual as above but in PDF, 215 pages! Have Fun. ^^)

Edit: OK maybe this one is better: A Guide on how to install MPV for Anime viewing (full of useful links):

Last edited:
drew007

drew007

King D/D/D
World Nobles
Awards
  • Donator
MPV is definitely a player for Pros: HD lovers and Encoders. I mean those people use friggin' Command-Lines (good grief) :eek:

It's hard to find a decent guide about it. here's what I found:

(very recent, basic Shortcut guide, easy to peruse)

(The Official FAQ with all the command lines and the full shortcuts list and explanations)

(The same Manual as above but in PDF, 215 pages! Have Fun. ^^)

Edit: OK maybe this one is better: A Guide on how to install MPV for Anime viewing (full of useful links):

Words cannot describe how grateful I am ^^ Thank you so much for this ^^
Any front-end u recommend or just stick with vanilla mpv?

Spriggan

Spriggan

Pirate
Awards
Thank you kindly, drew007! To be fair I'm not a pro at this, et there are a truckload of Front-Ends (aka GUI) for MPV: around 20 to choose from!

Anyways here's a great Front-End for MPV:

Kawaii-Player really can do it all. It can manage your media files, play YouTube, stream torrents,and even act as a media server for other devices on your network.

Notable features:
  • Kawaii Player has built-in support for YouTube. This feature allows users to get their favorite YouTube videos without having to deal with the website.
  • The program can act as a media streaming server. Users can access the media server on any PC on the network and play back content in their web browser.
  • The Kawai Player Media Server feature (along with being accessible on the web) can transmit content directly to another computer running the app.
  • The program supports streaming torrent files directly to the video player.
  • Aside from playing videos, Kawaii doubles as a minimalistic music player, complete with artist information.
  • Kawaii Player’s thumbnail grid browser feature is impressive. It scans video files and displays a snapshot of the content inside. It makes sorting through vast amounts of media files a breeze.
  • Can export playing videos to external players such as VLC, and even Kodi.
  • Kawaii Player’s live seek-bar preview feature displays quick snapshots of a playing video at the current highlighted time.

Source: (Windows too for Kawaii-Player but you need to install python 3.5+ ) ^^
Another one is Baka MPlayer, but it hasn't been updated in years:

Edit: all these discussions on reddit might help to:

Last edited:
drew007

drew007

King D/D/D
World Nobles
Awards
  • Donator
Thank you kindly, drew007! To be fair I'm not a pro at this, et there are a truckload of Front-Ends (aka GUI) for MPV: around 20 to choose from!

Anyways here's a great Front-End for MPV:

Another one is Baka MPlayer, but it hasn't been updated in years:

Edit: all these discussions on reddit might help to:
Thanks again for the help ^^

drew007

drew007

King D/D/D
World Nobles
Awards
  • Donator
Ok so I got mpv working with all the associations but still confused with how to change keybinds and duration of skips and like, I tried some things in input.conf but it didnt work. Also how to create playlists? Any help will be appreciated.

Spriggan

Spriggan

Pirate
Awards
D*** ! You're hardcore! ^^ I had to look for it! 😅

A] PLAYLIST
It seems there're a few ways to make a Playlist:

1- by creatting a ".txt file" with the info you want to put together:

"create my_list.txt file with list of files
example:
video1.mp4
video2.mp4
video3.mp4

then run:
mpv --playlist=my_list.txt"

Source:

OR

2- by creating an .m3u file:

Source:

Also just in case ^^:

-

- how create an EDL File (rules for typing the commands lines you want to use):

B] CHANGE KEYBINDINGS

I almost forgot your 2d question^^, here's how to change the Keybindings for MPV:

Create input.conf file in the root folder of mpv (where mpv.exe is):

Last edited:
drew007

drew007

King D/D/D
World Nobles
Awards
  • Donator
D*** ! You're hardcore! ^^ I had to look for it! 😅

A] PLAYLIST
It seems there're a few ways to make a Playlist:

1- by creatting a ".txt file" with the info you want to put together:

"create my_list.txt file with list of files
example:
video1.mp4
video2.mp4
video3.mp4

then run:
mpv --playlist=my_list.txt"

Source:

OR

2- by creating an .m3u file:

Source:

Also just in case ^^:

-

- how create an EDL File (rules for typing the commands lines you want to use):

B] CHANGE KEYBINDINGS

I almost forgot your 2d question^^, here's how to change the Keybindings for MPV:

Create input.conf file in the root folder of mpv (where mpv.exe is):
Thank you for the reply and I appreciate them but I got these thru some research before. The reason I asked was the keybind change wasn't working for me and maybe someone had similar experience or some insight. Thanks again ^^

Spriggan

Spriggan

Pirate
Awards
Well! At least I've tried.^^

Here's one last useful link which might help:

drew007

drew007

King D/D/D
World Nobles
Awards
  • Donator
So I got everything working and edited the input.conf and mpv.conf to my liking. I got some nice scripts from mpv's git page to manage and create playlists and other useful scripts ->

I hv been using mpv for a while now and I think am getting used to it too ^^
Definitely the best player I hv ever used.
Thanks for all the help @Spriggan ^^