Resolved Search not functioning correctly on AnimeKayo (Conditional)

Flffr_Nttr

Flffr_Nttr

Derpity Derpity Derp
Surgeon
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who is experiencing this or not, but the search function on AnimeKayo isn't working correctly on any page other than the main page. Anytime I attempt to search something on a page other than the main one, nothing happens. The text input box doesn't appear and nothing else can be done. It works fine when I'm on the main (top) page. I'm on the latest version of Firefox as of this post in case it matters.

EDIT: This only applies to the magnifying glass icon to the right of the category banner at the top of the page. The magnifying glass icon next to your profile name works fine.

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Vongola Decimo
Staff member
Head Admin
Level
Testing on home
You must be registered for see images attach

Output

Testing the box inside a post

Output

Testing the extended search button on the search results page

Output

Device: Chrome Desktop
Mode: Incognito
Adblock State: off

Results: No issues on the search from my end, this works as its expected to.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who is experiencing this or not, but the search function on AnimeKayo isn't working correctly on any page other than the main page
We hear you, please provide some more details on this if you can, maybe some screenshots?
Can you try the following meanwhile

• test this on chrome
  • test on firefox private window
  • try disable adblock and test (firefox has a build in one too) sometimes these can block an element on the page and break the page, rare but possible
  • tell us what device you are on, desktop? phone?
Ive tested on desktop and no issues so far.

Looking forward to your kind response.

Flffr_Nttr

Flffr_Nttr

Derpity Derpity Derp
Surgeon
Front page works fine:

Results to:

Certain pages do work. For instance, it works fine here:

Same results as above.

But not here:

Clicking on the red highlighted magnifying glass does nothing, as well as hovering over "ONGOINGS" and "ANIME SERIES" (clicking on them still works).

After doing more tests, I think it's a login issue, or something happens when logged in that's different from not being logged in.

-Tried disabling adblock extension and reloaded: did not fix the issue. I have no other extensions that would affect this.

-Opening page in private browsing: The search function worked fine.

-Logging out: Fixed the issue.

-Logged back in: Issue returned.

-Doesn't seem like Firefox is blocking it.

-I am on desktop (laptop) using Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

-I have not tried it out in Chrome yet.

This also seems to affect more recent posts or recently updated posts. Older posts work fine.

There is also this from the console, and it only appears when logged in on pages that are affected:

I really hope this helps.

Sadao Maou

Sadao Maou

Staff member
Head Admin
Level
Ente Isla
Front page works fine:

Results to:

Certain pages do work. For instance, it works fine here:

Same results as above.

But not here:

Clicking on the red highlighted magnifying glass does nothing, as well as hovering over "ONGOINGS" and "ANIME SERIES" (clicking on them still works).

After doing more tests, I think it's a login issue, or something happens when logged in that's different from not being logged in.

-Tried disabling adblock extension and reloaded: did not fix the issue. I have no other extensions that would affect this.

-Opening page in private browsing: The search function worked fine.

-Logging out: Fixed the issue.

-Logged back in: Issue returned.

-Doesn't seem like Firefox is blocking it.

-I am on desktop (laptop) using Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

-I have not tried it out in Chrome yet.

This also seems to affect more recent posts or recently updated posts. Older posts work fine.

There is also this from the console, and it only appears when logged in on pages that are affected:

I really hope this helps.
hmm.noted will check
btw try in chrome and let me know if it works there or not.

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Vongola Decimo
Staff member
Head Admin
Level

Not if logged in,

Logging in...

Okay, im able to reproduce the issue on my end now, time to dig.

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Vongola Decimo
Staff member
Head Admin
Level
Okay found the issue, reported for processing.

H

harryholliday

Pirate
Level
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who is experiencing this or not, but the search function on AnimeKayo isn't working correctly on any page other than the main page. Anytime I attempt to search something on a page other than the main one, nothing happens. The text input box doesn't appear and nothing else can be done. It works fine when I'm on the main (top) page. I'm on the latest version of Firefox as of this post in case it matters.

EDIT: This only applies to the magnifying glass icon to the right of the category banner at the top of the page. The magnifying glass icon next to your profile name works fine.
mine is working, maybe there's a js script that is blocked in your browser.

Flffr_Nttr

Flffr_Nttr

Derpity Derpity Derp
Surgeon
mine is working, maybe there's a js script that is blocked in your browser.
They must've fixed it as I just tried multiple updated pages while logged in, including the one I included above, and is now working as intended. No syntax errors appeared in the console now

The only things that were being blocked were cookies for Facebook and cross-site cookies for ads, but not trackers. No scripts were blocked.

EDIT: Hehe, now I'm experiencing a new issue with lingering pop-up ads. Clicking on the full screen ad (opens up to a new tab) does not remove the ad forcing a refresh. Will try to narrow down the culprit.

Last edited:
Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Vongola Decimo
Staff member
Head Admin
Level
They must've fixed it as I just tried multiple updated pages while logged in, including the one I included above, and is now working as intended. No syntax errors appeared in the console now

The only things that were being blocked were cookies for Facebook and cross-site cookies for ads, but not trackers. No scripts were blocked.

EDIT: Hehe, now I'm experiencing a new issue with lingering pop-up ads. Clicking on the full screen ad (opens up to a new tab) does not remove the ad forcing a refresh. Will try to narrow down the culprit.
Yes we did, loli patched it just didnt check my notifications until rn.

catching up on threads.

Flffr_Nttr

Flffr_Nttr

Derpity Derpity Derp
Surgeon
Yeah, I kind of figured. Thanks.

As for the lingering ads in my last post, I fixed it on my end, so it isn't an issue anymore. At least for me.

Drew

Drew

King D/D/D
Staff member
Curator
Level
Awards
I will move this to resolved then ^^