Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Thumbnail Problem - Working Methods

Discussion in 'Guidelines' started by MugiwaraKun, Nov 23, 2017.

?

Which one have you used? Did it work?

1. Media Preview Tool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Shark007 Codec

100.0%
  3. Icaros

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MugiwaraKun

Staff Member Team AnimeKaizoku

Hey All,
    Few Days Ago i downloaded an anime on animekaizoku.com. I opened the folder where I Downloaded to check if the files were downloaded correctly and were not corrupted. So when I opened the folder I Found No Thumbnails for any file BEFORE.jpg (before and after image in new message below)

No thumbnail was previewed. when a file is corrupted while downloading does not show thumbnail and windows 10 does not show thumbnails for some x265 files like the image in below message: BELOW 2.jpg

This Problem has nothing to do with Media Player. No matter which media player you use you can come across the thumbnail problem.
    So i searched for possible solutions online and found 3 best methods to solve this problem. Ill Post some After Images as well to prove it. And All these methods are FREE!!

The 3 Methods are:

1. Media Preview Tool - It is a thumbnail maker that is able to show you a better, smarter and more relevant thumbnail with clever algorithm. I personally use this as this method worked for me in the first try itself and i'll highly recommend this.
    Download Link: Media Preview 1.4.3 Download Free - VideoHelp
    All you have to do after installing is open the media preview configuration and click on video formats tab and select what formats do u require thumbnails. I recommend not to select all the formats only select the ones you require thumbnails for and click APPLY. Wait for magic to happen.

This Is MY PERSONAL SETTING:
    Media Preview settings.JPG

P.S. Even after you did not get thumbnails first clear the cache by going to Disk Cleanup> Thumbnails.

2. Shark007 codec pack - shark007 codec comes in two versions: STANDARD and ADVANCED. The ability to show thumbnails for videos is included in both so either version works just fine. You can install any version and open it. On opening it, in the Config Tab Click on Icaros Thumbnailing(RED BOX I DREW)
    Download Link:
    Setup and usage

Standard:
    Standard Shark007.jpg
    Advanced:
    Advanced Shark007.jpg

3. Icaros -
    Icaros is so popular that many codecs use icaros thumbnail generator infused inside them
    Download Link: Icaros 3.0.2 / 3.0.3 Beta 2 Download Free - VideoHelp
    Icaros.png
    After you install it you just have to click on Properties activated > select which file types you want thumbnails to be generated for. And tweak the settings you want to be changed like theme, color,etc

Note: Some of you might suggest K-LITE Codec pack. I know its a really popular codec. I read so many problems related to K-Lite Codec Pack - crashes, malware installation, corrupting files,etc. In some article i read that k-lite author said "IF ANY MALWARE GETS INSTALLED, ITS YOUR OWN FAULT> NOT MINE."
    I dont know how much of it is true. So i didnt include it in my list. I dont want someone's computer screwed up because of me.

BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES BELOW IN A NEW MESSAGE

Attached Files:

#1 MugiwaraKun, Nov 23, 2017 at 6:01 PM
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. MugiwaraKun

BEFORE IMAGE: NO THUMBNAIL AT ALL
    Before.png

AFTER IMAGE:
    After.jpg

BEFORE IMAGE 2: ONLY SOME THUMBNAILS
    Before 2.JPG
    AFTER IMAGE 2:
    After 2.JPG

Hope it helps.

#2 MugiwaraKun, Nov 23, 2017 at 6:06 PM
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  3. MugiwaraKun

Hey @LoliKiller Try one of these methods and see if u get thumbnails for your own files

4. LoliKiller

LoliKiller The Loli Who Kills

I already had tried Shark007 Codec when I replied to your pm. And +50 karma for posting detailed stuff.
    Moved the thread to the guideline since this is more like a guideline than a problem.

5. MugiwaraKun

Oh so the second image you sent me was captured during the refresh after using shark codec?