Video encoder help

Beli
20b
Guys, i want to encode some videoes in small size like you do. What encoder do you use? And can you tell me what settings are the best to encode a video in small size without losing quality?

Marshall

Staff member
AnimeKayo Staff
Beli
195b
Guys, i want to encode some videoes in small size like you do. What encoder do you use? And can you tell me what settings are the best to encode a video in small size without losing quality?
I would say it depends upon usage. Just remember that encoding means a reasonable loss of quality here.
The encodes we do also lose quality but we try to make is as minimal as possible. But there IS quality loss. Just not noticable while playing the video.

I would suggest you to use GUI programs if you are new to encoding. They have pretty much all options needed for normal encoding.

Some people suggest Handbrake for beginners. And I agree with that. Hybrid has too many options that are quite confusing at the beginning.

Download Handbrake, load the video, and encode it. If it's an anime, you can go ahead with x265 (since you are making small size encode) but the time it will take to encode will be pretty crazy and depends upon your CPU build.

Set crf between 20-25 according to your need (lower crf=higher quality=higher encoding time=higher file size) (anything greater than 25 for anime, kys)

The remaining options are self explanatory, or just hover over them to know what they do.

That's it for video encoding. Go ahead with audio and you are done. Just select the necessary output format for audio (I Would recommend OPUS) and set the desired bitrate, set channels if you want, and that's it.

You can try other easier tools if you like. I only know about handbrake though. So, I can't suggest you any other easy tools.

Beli
20b
I would say it depends upon usage. Just remember that encoding means a reasonable loss of quality here.
The encodes we do also lose quality but we try to make is as minimal as possible. But there IS quality loss. Just not noticable while playing the video.

I would suggest you to use GUI programs if you are new to encoding. They have pretty much all options needed for normal encoding.

Some people suggest Handbrake for beginners. And I agree with that. Hybrid has too many options that are quite confusing at the beginning.

Download Handbrake, load the video, and encode it. If it's an anime, you can go ahead with x265 (since you are making small size encode) but the time it will take to encode will be pretty crazy and depends upon your CPU build.

Set crf between 20-25 according to your need (lower crf=higher quality=higher encoding time=higher file size) (anything greater than 25 for anime, kys)

The remaining options are self explanatory, or just hover over them to know what they do.

That's it for video encoding. Go ahead with audio and you are done. Just select the necessary output format (I Would recommend OPUS) and set the desired bitrate, set channels if you want, and that's it.

You can try other easier tools if you like. I only know about handbrake though. So, I can't suggest you any other easy tools.
understood!! thank you!!