What are some animes which you'd label as "Hidden Gems"?

WhenMarkers

⚔ Secretary of Time ⚔
World Nobles
I see
Well, I would also say that it's better to know the basic rules of baseball (that's what i did before watching the anime and just googling it is enough), so that you can easily catch up with the flow of the anime
And I would suggest, you give it a try again, the anime is amazingly unpredictable, you know
yeah. you could say i watch then speeeeeeeed-up to the ending xD that's why i'm re-watching sooooo many series now.. like No Game No Life.. years ago this series is not good for me but a year ago i can see why many are waiting for season 2.. :)

WhenMarkers

⚔ Secretary of Time ⚔
World Nobles
I see
Well, I would also say that it's better to know the basic rules of baseball (that's what i did before watching the anime and just googling it is enough), so that you can easily catch up with the flow of the anime
And I would suggest, you give it a try again, the anime is amazingly unpredictable, you know
i even asked myself now,

"How in the hell did i watch all those series?" xD hahaha

TensaZangetsu

Manifested Zanpakutō Spirit
Staff member
Saiseiya
Hi TensaZangetsu,
Is there any anime on your mind to be labeled as a hidden gem?
Since you asked, here goes(completely based on my tastes):

• Gosick
• Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
• Parasyte the Maxim
• BTOOOM!
• Trigun
• Monster

Well, these are what I can remember atm...

WhenMarkers

⚔ Secretary of Time ⚔
World Nobles
Since you asked, here goes(completely based on my tastes):

• Gosick
• Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
• Parasyte the Maxim
• BTOOOM!
• Trigun
• Monster

Well, these are what I can remember atm...
hmm.. i was actually waiting if Rokka no Yuusha will get another season ..

Okay, from my side, I'd say that is a hidden gem

This anime is similar to death note, but with a sport and the anime gets really addictive after like 2-3 episodes, it's really worth watching
Hi! Did you watch Agaki? If you liked "One Outs" maybe you'll like this one too:

Another gambler tale, but this time it has to do with Mahjong. Yeah! An anime about a Chinese board game:

You remember how Tokuchi was manipulative in One Outs (Nobody wins, but I ^^)? Then just watch how Agaki does: he's waaay more conniving! Almost evil. ;D

The chara design is really special, I mean I've never watched something like that in Japanese animation before. But I got to like it.

Finally the story happens during the 1950's, which again sets this anime apart. Also watching the Opening of Akagi reminds me of Ashita no Joe (Season 1).

Anyways just watch the first episode, you might be hooked: psychological board-game anime with Yakuzas, dammit! :p

Jin ❄

STALKER ALERT!
World Nobles
Hi! Did you watch Agaki? If you liked "One Outs" maybe you'll like this one too:

Another gambler tale, but this time it has to do with Mahjong. Yeah! An anime about a Chinese board game:

You remember how Tokuchi was manipulative in One Outs (Nobody wins, but I ^^)? Then just watch how Agaki does: he's waaay more conniving! Almost evil. ;D

The chara design is really special, I mean I've never watched something like that in Japanese animation before. But I got to like it.

Finally the story happens during the 1950's, which again sets this anime apart. Also watching the Opening of Akagi reminds me of Ashita no Joe (Season 1).

Anyways just watch the first episode, you might be hooked: psychological board-game anime with Yakuzas, dammit! :p
Yup, have watched it, but I personally liked one outs more than akagi
Akagi was also good tho

Apognwsi

Araragi Koyomi's Alter Ego
Staff member
Team AnimeKaizoku
Does this anime really come under the "hidden gem" category?
It's #56 on the list of top 100 popular animes on Mal though
well, i really underastimated that one to be honest, at first when i watched the trailer it seemed like a silly magical girls anime... But after i read about it and watch a different trailer i was sold...

Jin ❄

STALKER ALERT!
World Nobles
How does clannad come under the category of "hidden gems"?
This is one of the most popular anime out there tho, almost everyone are familiar with this anime

"Hidden gems" refers to animes which are really good / great but those which haven't received the required attention or is not known by many

Banana King

The Godly Curves
World Nobles
Grimm's Notes (I like the twist they put on our childhood stories)
Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet (has 4 episodes iirc)
Zankyou no Terror
Zetsuen no tempest
You should also check out some anime movies is you havent, there are lots of great ones out there. Here what i liked:
Expelled form Paradise
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms.
Summer Wars
Garden of Words (Gotta love the art)
Also cant forget the classics ;)
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away

(im not sure if all are hidden gems but i consider these the less watched or known anime but are great to me. :))

Jin ❄

STALKER ALERT!
World Nobles
Grimm's Notes (I like the twist they put on our childhood stories)
Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet (has 4 episodes iirc)
Zankyou no Terror
Zetsuen no tempest
You should also check out some anime movies is you havent, there are lots of great ones out there. Here what i liked:
Expelled form Paradise
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms.
Summer Wars
Garden of Words (Gotta love the art)
Also cant forget the classics ;)
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away

(im not sure if all are hidden gems but i consider these the less watched or known anime but are great to me. :))
Thanks!