What's the easiest way to add a cover art to all the video files/episodes of an anime in a single folder?

Apocalypse_EX

Apocalypse_EX

Gunner
Level
Question is same as title. If it can be done in ffmpeg, it would be quite a help to include the command too.

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Vongola Decimo
Staff member
Head Admin
Level
This is something @dedsec or @LoliKiller can point to.

Semisu

Semisu

First Maid zura
Surgeon
Level
right here!
One way would be (that's how I *ahem* r-remove them). For ffmpeg you need to wait for the guys, I guess.

dedsec

dedsec

not dead yet
Staff member
Team AnimeKaizoku
Level
Awards
i have a slightly complicated script for this which pulls episode metadata from tvdb
and adds covers but it can be done with a simple mkvmerge command, that is:

for %A in (*.mkv) do mkvmerge -o "out\%A" "%A" --attachment-name "cover.jpg" --attachment-mime-type image/jpeg --attach-file "cover.jpg"

to make things easier, you can save this command as a bat file (don't forget to change all % to %%)
and put mkvmerge.exe in path (google how to set path system variable if you don't know)
and then you can run it from any folder you want
tvdb is good source for cover arts

Last edited:
Apocalypse_EX

Apocalypse_EX

Gunner
Level
i have a slightly complicated script for this which pulls episode metadata from tvdb
and adds covers but it can be done with a simple mkvmerge command, that is:

for %A in (*.mkv) do mkvmerge -o "out\%A" "%A" --attachment-name "cover.jpg" --attachment-mime-type image/jpeg --attach-file "cover.jpg"

to make things easier, you can save this command as a bat file (don't forget to change all % to %%)
and put mkvmerge.exe in path (google how to set path system variable if you don't know)
and then you can run it from any folder you want
tvdb is good source for cover arts
Phew! Thanks again! I've seen you put great posters as covers in your encodes, which was why I originally even asked this. And again big thanks for the heads up about tvdb. Never even heard about it!

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
Level
Awards
Narnia
Didn't understand anything. Not good with computers 🙁

WhenMarkers

WhenMarkers

⚔ Secretary of Time ⚔
Staff member
Curator
Level
Awards
NEET Main Office
One way would be (that's how I *ahem* r-remove them). For ffmpeg you need to wait for the guys, I guess.
remove? why? covers are great.. :ROFLMAO: we'll perhaps because they're sometimes annoying :ROFLMAO:

komakino

komakino

Pirate
Level
I have a related question for this thread -- where can I actually find a reliable source of bd/dvd covers of each volume release?

For example, I extracted the covers for @dedsec's release of Alicization (which has 8 different covers that correspond with the 8 volumes) and reverse-searched them on various engines, but still could not find a consistent collection and most I found were not clean covers (had the side spine thing).
So yeah, kinda stumped and I have checked different tv databases to no avail...

There are some anime series I would like to add official covers to that coincide with the boxsets. Help?

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
Level
Awards
Narnia
I have a related question for this thread -- where can I actually find a reliable source of bd/dvd covers of each volume release?

For example, I extracted the covers for @dedsec's release of Alicization (which has 8 different covers that correspond with the 8 volumes) and reverse-searched them on various engines, but still could not find a consistent collection and most I found were not clean covers (had the side spine thing).
So yeah, kinda stumped and I have checked different tv databases to no avail...

There are some anime series I would like to add official covers to that coincide with the boxsets. Help?
ask dedsec, he made something to do exactly that

Cierra Kobayoshi

Cierra Kobayoshi

Gunner
Level
Fushimi-ku
If I'm not wrong he did offer the software somewhere--- let me see if I can find the .exe later on. Will be back home in approx. 10h. (I'm at work now)