Which anime are you watching this season? Summer 2019

dedsec

dedsec

not dead yet
Staff member
Team AnimeKaizoku
LV

Awards
Things are pretty heated up this summer with Fire Force, which is the anime that I'm most hyped for this season, but there are a lot of worthy contenders. With the medieval epic Vinland Saga and the fast forward science lesson that is Dr. Stone, it's honestly very difficult to choose-- but why should you? Tell us what you're watching this season and what you're most hyped for and why? We may end up discovering some hidden gems!

As for Fire Force, I'm in it for the animation (and that absolute banger of an OP). There's a lot of Studio SHAFT blood flowing through this David Production anime and I'm a huge fan of SHAFT, or I was at least. I've heard that the story isn't all that great in the manga (haven't actually read it, though) but that's definitely something that can be improved upon in the anime adaptation. Fingers Crossed!

The other anime I'm hyped about is Dr. Stone. I've read the manga for this one. Story wise it's really good but I kinda feel that TMS entertainment isn't doing it justice in terms of animation. We'll just have to watch more to see how that goes. My biggest concern is that it's 24 episodes, which will cover almost the entire content of the currently released manga, till the end of 'Stone Wars' except for the last ~15 chapters. So i guess no sequels for the next couple of years.

Sadly I can't get to encode everything I watch but I do feel lucky that I'm doing Fire Force this season. I am also doing (and will likely be watching) O Maidens in Your Savage Season, which I honestly don't have any idea about (or maybe I do but I don't wanna think about it) but I know there are some very talented people working on it. Mari Okada (Maquia and Anohana) and Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger and Fullmetal Alchemist). Anything these guys work on, I'll be there to check it out.

What. About. You?

Drew

Drew

King D/D/D
Staff member
Curator
LV

Awards
Yup, I am all fired up for Fire Force and Dr. Stone. Didnt know abt O Maidens, might watch coz if Mari Okida is involved I am down ^^

Spriggan

Spriggan

Cook
LV

...Tell us what you're watching this season and what you're most hyped for and why? We may end up discovering some hidden gems!...

Basically I'm super-nitro-hyped for 2 upcoming animes:

(

Being a Netflix production, the quality of this TV Series (yeah I know ONA) will depend on the Studio they hire.

But since they asked David Production to do the job - they did JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure ^^- I'm pretty confident the visual quality of the anime will meet my high standards. :p

(aka Rashkasa Street)

Season 1 of Rashkasa Street was released in 2016 and it was a fantastic Shonen.

Rashkasa Street, like Quanzhi Gaoshou (The King's Avatar) were the very first Chinese anime trying to compete with Japanese anime. And those two (at least^^) are incredible. The sad story about these two brothers and the frigging badass music will stay engrained in your head. It's amazing what animators could do with such a low budget.

If you've never watched it, you have NO idea what you're missing.

The only thing I regret is that -like most Chinese animes- you won't find a Soundtrack for this, which is sad because like I said the music is a killer.

This was my first Chinese anime and honestly the new language wasn't a barrier at all: after around 10 minutes I was totally sucked into the show.

I didn't post this in the Hidden Gem thread because most fans who are well versed into Shonen know Rashkasa Street quite well.

note: also please do not mistake this wonderful anime with the Drama version (Live version), which is a trainwreck of a show. Actually I think I've never seen a Drama this bad during my entire watching career, which says something. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
dedsec

dedsec

not dead yet
Staff member
Team AnimeKaizoku
LV

Awards
(
Ah yes, I've heard about this. Sadly they haven't announced any release date yet so it's probably gonna be available in Fall season.
Every Netflix anime I've seen lately has been full "bad CG" which really annoys me, I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those!

(aka Rashkasa Street)
Chinese anime huh, I've never watched any (Yes, I still call myself a shounen fanboy. PLUS ULTRA!)
the new language
and this is probably why. I guess i should just take the leap some day.

WhenMarkers

WhenMarkers

⚔ Secretary of Time ⚔
Staff member
Curator
LV

Awards
NEET Main Office
just watched Maou-sama Retry! and Uchi Musume.. i liked how light this two series.. :) especially Uchi Musume ... i loved it.. feels like love at first sight? hahaha

also, Sounan desu ka.. >_< i never thought it would show panties :ROFLMAO: guess that's part of their fan service.

i'll also be watching DanMachi, all isekai this season... all adventure and shounen genre. plus some exceptions. all that falls in moe and comedy genre just incase there's an anime that will give me lots of stress like last winter's The Promise Neverland..

Spriggan

Spriggan

Cook
LV

(about Rashkasa Street) Chinese anime huh, I've never watched any (Yes, I still call myself a shounen fanboy. PLUS ULTRA!)...

Apart from Ep 01 which is so-so, Zhen Hun Jie might surprise you.

Only issue is that sometimes you'll see some disappointing 3D CGIs. Apart from those the animation is decent (considering the tight budget).

Also while I was keeping myself informed I just came upon this breaking news:

(announced for 2020)

The plot takes place in the near-future on a space colony under construction. It is an action-adventure story following the lives of some young boys surviving in this peculiar environment and society as they are tossed around by fate. “The reality found in mankind’s future” will be depicted through their perspective.

Akira in Space? D**n! I need a coffee. ^^

Last edited:
Banana King

Banana King

The Godly Curves
World Nobles
LV

Awards
I dont watch Ongoings but i have already looked Forward to 4 animes as of now
Doctor Stone
Danmachi s2
Arifureta
Toaru something Accelerator
Isekai Cheat
and maybe more soon but im gonna wait for the series to finish before watching them :3

FullMetal

FullMetal

World Nobles
LV

Awards
Things are pretty heated up this summer with Fire Force, which is the anime that I'm most hyped for this season, but there are a lot of worthy contenders. With the medieval epic Vinland Saga and the fast forward science lesson that is Dr. Stone, it's honestly very difficult to choose-- but why should you? Tell us what you're watching this season and what you're most hyped for and why? We may end up discovering some hidden gems!

As for Fire Force, I'm in it for the animation (and that absolute banger of an OP). There's a lot of Studio SHAFT blood flowing through this David Production anime and I'm a huge fan of SHAFT, or I was at least. I've heard that the story isn't all that great in the manga (haven't actually read it, though) but that's definitely something that can be improved upon in the anime adaptation. Fingers Crossed!

The other anime I'm hyped about is Dr. Stone. I've read the manga for this one. Story wise it's really good but I kinda feel that TMS entertainment isn't doing it justice in terms of animation. We'll just have to watch more to see how that goes. My biggest concern is that it's 24 episodes, which will cover almost the entire content of the currently released manga, till the end of 'Stone Wars' except for the last ~15 chapters. So i guess no sequels for the next couple of years.

Sadly I can't get to encode everything I watch but I do feel lucky that I'm doing Fire Force this season. I am also doing (and will likely be watching) O Maidens in Your Savage Season, which I honestly don't have any idea about (or maybe I do but I don't wanna think about it) but I know there are some very talented people working on it. Mari Okada (Maquia and Anohana) and Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger and Fullmetal Alchemist). Anything these guys work on, I'll be there to check it out.

What. About. You?
will never understand why people type a lot.

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
LV

Awards
Narnia
Basically I'm super-nitro-hyped for 2 upcoming animes:

(

Being a Netflix production, the quality of this TV Series (yeah I know ONA) will depend on the Studio they hire.

But since they asked David Production to do the job - they did JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure ^^- I'm pretty confident the visual quality of the anime will meet my high standards. :p

(aka Rashkasa Street)

Season 1 of Rashkasa Street was released in 2016 and it was a fantastic Shonen.

Rashkasa Street, like Quanzhi Gaoshou (The King's Avatar) were the very first Chinese anime trying to compete with Japanese anime. And those two (at least^^) are incredible. The sad story about these two brothers and the frigging badass music will stay engrained in your head. It's amazing what animators could do with such a low budget.

If you've never watched it, you have NO idea what you're missing.

The only thing I regret is that -like most Chinese animes- you won't find a Soundtrack for this, which is sad because like I said the music is a killer.

This was my first Chinese anime and honestly the new language wasn't a barrier at all: after around 10 minutes I was totally sucked into the show.

I didn't post this in the Hidden Gem thread because most fans who are well versed into Shonen know Rashkasa Street quite well.

note: also please do not mistake this wonderful anime with the Drama version (Live version), which is a trainwreck of a show. Actually I think I've never seen a Drama this bad during my entire watching career, which says something. :ROFLMAO:
I'm hyped for King's Avatar S2. It is my 1st Chinese anime, and s2 maybe released this year if my info isn't wrong

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
LV

Awards
Narnia
I'm hyped for Danmachi S2 and Arifureta this season, as well as Konosuba movie, but sadly the movie will be released on autumn

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
LV

Awards
Narnia
Not a shonen hater here, but i absolutely hate that plus ultra!!!!! fok mha
Ah yes, I've heard about this. Sadly they haven't announced any release date yet so it's probably gonna be available in Fall season.
Every Netflix anime I've seen lately has been full "bad CG" which really annoys me, I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those!

Chinese anime huh, I've never watched any (Yes, I still call myself a shounen fanboy. PLUS ULTRA!)

and this is probably why. I guess i should just take the leap some day.

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
LV

Awards
Narnia
just watched Maou-sama Retry! and Uchi Musume.. i liked how light this two series.. :) especially Uchi Musume ... i loved it.. feels like love at first sight? hahaha

also, Sounan desu ka.. >_< i never thought it would show panties :ROFLMAO: guess that's part of their fan service.

i'll also be watching DanMachi, all isekai this season... all adventure and shounen genre. plus some exceptions. all that falls in moe and comedy genre just incase there's an anime that will give me lots of stress like last winter's The Promise Neverland..
I'm still waiting for the uncensored version b4 I watch that show😉

WhenMarkers

WhenMarkers

⚔ Secretary of Time ⚔
Staff member
Curator
LV

Awards
NEET Main Office
dropping some animes.. coz they don't appeal too much.. but i'll still download them. coz they might make sense if watched when completed. :)

Lists of Dropped after Episode 1 (Part 1)
1. Tenjina-Senpai
2. Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?
3. Joshikousei no Mudazukai

i'm actually amazed by Granbelm.. i never thought it's first episode would be like that.. haha

Last edited:
Master of The Dark Hadou

Master of The Dark Hadou

World Nobles
LV

Awards
Aside from the ones that you mentioned there dedsec. I'm looking forward to the anime made by the same team as ReZero, Granbelm. I'm also looking forward to watching Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest) based off reading the manga it seems like some strange mixture of Shield hero and Reincarnation as a Slime; at least in terms of the protag's dynamic.

As well as these few: BEM (looks like a good horror/thriller)
Teasing Takagai-San 2 (just a wholesome slice of life)
Dan Machi Season II (It's DAN MACHI MY DUDE! THE PROMISED TIME AS COME!)

Lustful Loli

Lustful Loli

Lusty Little Girl
Captain
LV

Awards
Narnia
I mistakenly read 8 volumes of the Arifureta LN since I didn't know it'll have an anime until this year, so I'm afraid I won't be able to fully enjoy the anime.😞😞😞😞😞

WhenMarkers

WhenMarkers

⚔ Secretary of Time ⚔
Staff member
Curator
LV

Awards
NEET Main Office
I mistakenly read 8 volumes of the Arifureta LN since I didn't know it'll have an anime until this year, so I'm afraid I won't be able to fully enjoy the anime.😞😞😞😞😞
how sad.. very sad.. though i've also read it, but i need to clear my mind. :) hoping this adaptation will give justice to the light novel series.. :ROFLMAO:

dedsec

dedsec

not dead yet
Staff member
Team AnimeKaizoku
LV

Awards
wew so i kinda abandoned my own thread here :v

will never understand why people type a lot.
because they can.
i absolutely hate that plus ultra!!!!! fok mha
*angry deku noises*
dropping some animes..
lol i was actually gonna check out dumbells and tejina senapi.
purely for *ahem* research purposes. you know memes and stuff.
I mistakenly read 8 volumes of the Arifureta LN
how does one read 9 volumes by mistake :thinking:
i used to think it's boring when you watch the anime of something you've read already but it doesnt feel that way when i watch dr stone.
Granbelm..
huh gotta check that out.
the same team as ReZero
ohhhhhh! i've heard of it but i didnt know it was granblem. definetly gonna watch it now.
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest
@SHINIGAMI_KIRA apparently seems to hate it, i'll give it a shot.
i usually 'dont like' (read: hate) isekai but there are some exceptions every now and then. like re zero, konosuba (best), slime and shieldbro.
Teasing Takagai-San 2
sad to see this masterpiece got netflix-ed. its a netflix exclusive and it wont be simulcast on crunchy/funi.
which basically means no subs. i hope some fansub group subs this but there's no news so far.
Dan Machi Season II (It's DAN MACHI MY DUDE! THE PROMISED TIME AS COME!)
this anime has quite the fan following huh. looks like hardcore ecchi to me and sadly im not a fan.